VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict
VMware vCenter Operations Manager is an automated operations management solution 2 day instructor-led course that provides integrated performance, capacity, and configuration management for highly virtualized and cloud infrastructure. VMware vCenter Operations Manager is purpose-built for VMware administrators to more effectively manage the performance of their VMware environments as they move to the private cloud.
Students of our VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict course will receive the following key benefits:
- Learn how to get actionable intelligence to automate manual operations processes
- Increase your management visibility across infrastructure and applications for rapid problem resolution
- Ensure optimal resource utilization for cloud infrastructure performance
- Learn about the vCenter Operations Manager feature changes that can be used to manage policy and groups
- Learn the integration USE cases where vCenter Operations Manager can be used to perform enterprise group management
- Facilitate your company’s journey to the managing clouds
Upon successful completion of this course and it’s labs you should be able to:
- Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
- Use these badges to find root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
- Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
- Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
- Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
- Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
- Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
- Articulate the use case for the new policy structure in vCenter Operations Manager and how it can be used to define configuration settings for objects in a vSphere environment.
- Work with groups to classify virtual objects in logical and business-related structures and how to apply them to policies.
- Define new use cases based on the optimized integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ products like VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™, VMware® vFabric™ Hyperic®, VMware® vCenter™ Infrastructure Navigator™, and other adapters.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Introduction to VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Understand the role of operations management in the cloud era
- Understand the vCenter Operations Management Suite and its packaging
Module 3: Architecture and Concepts
- Understand the data collection methodology of the vCenter Operations Manager architecture
- Learn how vCenter Operations Manager collects data
- Master the main components of the dashboard view
- Navigate the objects tree and understand the badge pane
Module 4: Working with Dashboards and Badges
- Understand the functions of major and minor badges
- Use the Health major badge
- Use the Risk major badge
- Use the Efficiency major badge
- Use the Operations tab to navigate to details
Module 5: Analyzing with Heat Maps
- Work with predefined and custom heatmaps through the Analysis tab
Module 6: Working with Smart Alerts
- Configure and use smart alerts
- Set up email notifications
Module 7: Working with Capacity Planning and Reports
- Schedule, use, and export predefined capacity management reports
- Perform what-if analyses
Module 8: Installing and Configuring vCenter Operations Manager
- Understand and meet preinstallation requirements
- Install vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure vCenter Operations Manager to gather data from its environment
Module 9: VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite Update
- Discuss the VMware management suite solution and products
- List the key components and capabilities of vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Describe the main features available in each of the vCenter Operations Management Suite products and editions
Module 10: VMware vCenter Operations Manager v5.6 Changes
- Discuss configuration of policies and groups
- Identify basic use cases and benefits from using policies and groups
- Make changes to the vCenter Operations Manager 5.6 configurations
- Explain changes to badges, metrics, and reports in version 5.6 of vCenter Operations Manager
Module 11: Integration with Other VMware Products
- Identify use cases for the integration of additional vCenter Operations Management Suite products
- Discuss integration with vCenter Operations Manager for group management
- Learn about new dashboard badges in vCenter Operations Manager
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (Version 6.0) (VICM) is recommended
- Data Center Engineers
- Data Center Operations Professionals
- Cloud Administrators
- System Administrators
- System Integrators/Partners
$1645.00 List Price
2 Days Course