Professional Scrum Foundations
Professional Scrum Foundations™ is a rigorous two-day course that will solidify the core principles of Scrum for individuals or teams.
Improve Your Team with Professional Scrum Foundations Certification Training
Be proactive. Learn from other team’s mistakes and get your project team moving together with a solid understanding of Scrum in our Professional Scrum Foundations Certification Training, developed by Scrum.org.
This is a very hands-on class with many examples and exercises. Rather than coaching teams back from a poorly functioning Scrum implementation, this course exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track.
What You Will Learn
You will learn the mechanics of Scrum and how to overcome the complexity of dealing with team based collaboration and self-organization. With other attendees, you work as a team in a series of Sprints to build a software application – and deal with real-life problems. The mechanics, roles, and principles of Scrum are made clear during the exercises. You will experience common missteps and misunderstandings allowing you to grow a higher awareness of the associated symptoms. In addition, you will return to work with tips to identify common pitfalls and team dysfunctions.
The course provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track and keep Scrum healthy.
Professional Scrum Foundations certification training is excellent training for teams and anyone wanting to experience working in Scrum. The course also provides the foundation of knowledge needed for role-focused training for Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers.
MAX Technical Training is a leader in offering the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) certification course.
Free 2nd Attempt at PSF Certification
When you attend a Scrum.org training class with us you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attend the Scrum.org class and attempt the certification assessment within 14 days – and do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
- Scrum Framework - Students dive into the Scrum software development framework including, roles and responsibilities, principles, artifacts, and events and time boxes, rules and customs.
- Introducing Scrum and Agile - This module discusses the current state of the software industry and Scrum`s role within it. Topics include the origins of Scrum, misconceptions of the framework, the value that Scrum provides, and an exploration of self-organization as a power tool for increasing productivity.
- Planning with Scrum - Learn practical techniques of planning releases, managing Product Backlogs, keeping Sprints on track, and maintain healthy team behaviors. Although many effective techniques exist for expressing requirements, this module equips teams to discover, express, and decompose requirements as Backlog Items using proven techniques.
- Keeping Scrum Healthy - This module focuses on common missteps teams make when adopting Scrum and strategies to avoid them. In addition to discussing typical patterns/anti-patterns in this module, class attendees practice some of the more courageous conversations that commonly occur.
- Getting Started with Applications - Following an excellent training event, Teams often struggle implementing what seemed so reasonable just a few days ago. This discussion helps attendees plan and prepare to actually be effective with Scrum immediately, marking the course as the true catalyst for change and increasing agility within your organization.
As part of the course, the student is invited to take the Professional Scrum Master level 1 assessment through Scrum.org. While successfully passing the certification is not guaranteed, the PSF course will well prepare the student for the assessment and significantly improve his/her probability of passing.
Have read one of the Scrum books.
Have studied the Scrum Guide at http://www.scrumguides.org
Professional Scrum Foundations is appropriate for anyone working on or with a Scrum Team. The course is especially suited to companies or teams investigating Scrum, those who are currently struggling with Scrum, or those beginning to utilize Scrum in their development environment.
$1395.00 List Price
2 Days Course