Professional Scrum Foundations
MAX Technical Training is now offering the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) certification course. Professional Scrum Foundations is a rigorous two-day course offered to solidify the core principles of Scrum for individuals or teams. Common missteps in the adoption of Scrum have been seen over and over again across industries, companies, and teams. Rather than coaching teams back from a poorly functioning Scrum implementation, this course exposes these common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track. This is a very hands-on class with many examples and exercises. The objective of the class is to apply learnings directly into the workplace for a beginning agile team.
- Scrum Framework - Students dive into the Scrum software development framework including, roles and responsibilities, principles, artifacts, and events and time boxes, rules and customs.
- Introducing Scrum and Agile - This module discusses the current state of the software industry and Scrum`s role within it. Topics include the origins of Scrum, misconceptions of the framework, the value that Scrum provides, and an exploration of self-organization as a power tool for increasing productivity.
- Scrum Planning - Learn practical techniques of planning releases, managing Product Backlogs, keeping Sprints on track, and maintain healthy team behaviors. Although many effective techniques exist for expressing requirements, this module equips teams to discover, express, and decompose requirements as Backlog Items using proven techniques.
- Keeping Scrum Healthy - This module focuses on common missteps teams make when adopting Scrum and strategies to avoid them. In addition to discussing typical patterns/anti-patterns in this module, class attendees practice some of the more courageous conversations that commonly occur.
- Getting Started with Applications - Following an excellent training event, Teams often struggle implementing what seemed so reasonable just a few days ago. This discussion helps attendees plan and prepare to actually be effective with Scrum immediately, marking the course as the true catalyst for change and increasing agility within your organization.
As part of the course, the student is invited to take the Professional Scrum Master level 1 assessment through Scrum.org. While successfully passing the certification is not guaranteed, the PSF course will well prepare the student for the assessment and significantly improve his/her probability of passing.
$1295.00 List Price
2 Days Course