ITSM For DevOps
In our ITSM DevOps course you will practice and master pragmatic approaches for streamlining and automating existing ITSM processes and for handling compliance as code.
Let’s face it, ITSM processes have – at times – a reputation for being heavy handed and bloated. They can also be a constraint in the IT value stream; particularly in organizations adopting Agile and DevOps practices. This sixteen (16) hour course describes how to accelerate and modernize your IT service management (ITSM) processes in support of DevOps.
Organizations adopting a DevOps culture and practices are able to deliver high-quality software faster. which means the business can deliver value to customers faster. You sometimes hear that DevOps and ITSM aren’t compatible. The reality is that high-performing organizations aren’t achieving success without ITSM processes.These organizations are performing ITSM processes. Those processes are just so streamlined and (often) automated that people don’t even realize that they are executing ITSM processes. This course discusses key ITSM processes that are critical to DevOps and how those processes MUST be adapted to achieve high performance and deliver business value.
In an enterprise, DevOps doesn’t eliminate the need for controls and data. Regulatory controls and audits still exist and risks and impacts must still be managed. ITSM DevOps introduces ways to achieve both speed and control while driving value across the IT value stream.
ITSM DevOps Course Includes:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Participation in our in-class Interactive Learning Experience
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
At the end of this course, the learner will understand:
- How companies are struggling with the technological and human challenges of DevOps transformations
- The role of service management
- How IT service management is viewed as a constraint
- How DevOps introduces new ways of thinking and working
- How to accelerate and automate ITSM processes in support of DevOps
- ITSM process integration and automation
- How to leverage Lean and Agile methods to reduce waste and positively impact both the cost and quality of processes and service
Familiarity with DevOps and IT service management (e.g., ITIL®) processes (recommended)
The main target candidates for this course are:
- Anyone interested in modernizing ITSM processes in support of a DevOps or digital transformation
- ITSM process owners, process managers and stakeholders
- IT transformation leaders, coaches, and managers
- DevOps Leaders
- DevOps Test Engineers
- Consultants guiding their clients through DevOps-related process improvement initiatives
- Continuous Delivery Architects
$895.00 List Price
2 Days Course