DevSecOps Engineering (DSOE) Certification Course Accredited
DSOE Certification Overview
As companies are pushing code faster and more often than ever, the rate of vulnerabilities in our systems is accelerating. As we are being asked to do more with less, DevOps has shown immense value to business and security as an integral component that needs to be integrated into the strategy.
Topics covered in the course include how DevSecOps provides the business value of DevOps and the ability DevOps has to enable the business and support an organizational transformation with the ultimate goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk, and optimizing cost in the organization.
This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the end of this course, participants will understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
The course is designed to teach practical steps on how to integrate security programs into DevOps practices and highlights how professionals can use data and security science as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer.
Using real-life scenarios and case studies, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back at the office.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the DevSecOps Engineering exam, which is offered on the last day of class for classroom learners. Virtual learners will receive a voucher for a webcam proctored exam which they can schedule at their convenience.
This sixteen (16) hour course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provide the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly in how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the end of this course, DSOE’s will understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
The course culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevSecOps Engineer (DSOE)® Certificate.
The learning objectives include a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
- Business-driven security strategies
- Understanding and applying data and security sciences
- The use and benefits of Red and Blue Teams
- Integrating security into Continuous Delivery workflows
- How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
- DevOps Foundation certificate
Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
- Anyone interested in learning about DevSecOps practices
- IT Security Professionals, Practitioners and Managers
- Testers and Quality Assurance Teams
- Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Managed Service Providers
- Release Managers and delivery staff
- Maintenance and support staff
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
$1995.00 List Price
4 Days Course