DevOps Statistics for 2017 According to the 2017 State of DevOps Report by Puppet Labs, high performing organizations that effectively use...Read More
DevOps Foundation Certification
DevOps Foundation is a 2-day instructor-led course that provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. With DevOps, your improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy, and operate software and services.
You can attend this DevOps Foundation training online or on-site at our Cincinnati office.
Key Features of DevOps Foundations:
Course / Student Material:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps – The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Participation in our in-class GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about process improvements, benefits and challenges.
Exam & Certification:
Students are eligible to take an independent Foundation exam, (please call us to to purchase it). Successfully passing the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
Note: The exam is web-based only; learners choose the time and place for their exams. A passing score = 65% or better.
The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units:
ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 14 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an enterprise understanding of DevOps:
- Goals, objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices (including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Complete pre-class assignments
- An understanding of IT services and the service lifecycle is recommended
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management, particularly those in an enterprise environment
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps
- Individuals who require an understanding of the culture changes associated with adopting DevOps
DevOps Foundation® is a registered trade mark of the DevOps Institute
Courses are delivered in affiliation with ITSM Academy
$1295.00 List Price
2 Days Course