Maxtrain.com - [email protected] - 513-322-8888 - 866-595-6863
This course 5 day course provides the skills necessary to apply and implement technical knowledge of security concepts in today’s security environment. Students will gain an in‐depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control and multi‐factor authentication become standard methods of protection. Students are given real world scenarios to reinforce the material covered and will learn how to apply the concepts to their daily operations.
• Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security. • Identify security threats and vulnerabilities. • Manage data, application, and host security. • Implement network security. • Identify and implement access control and account management security measures. • Manage certificates. • Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures. • Manage risk. • Troubleshoot and manage security incidents. • Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Upon completion, the Certified Security Principles+ candidate will not only be able to competently take the CSP+ exam but will also understand basic cyber security knowledge to keep companies’ IP and IT infrastructure safe.
• Types of Malware • Types of Attacks • Social Engineering • Mitigating Attacks • Discovering vulnerabilities and threats • Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
• Understanding crypto concepts • Crypto methods and where to use them • PKI and Certificate Management
• Why IAM? • Various Authentication Services • AAA • Implementing the Controls
• Network Devices • Other Devices • Administering and Implementing Security • Network Design • Protocols and Services • Wireless Networking
• The Operating Systems • Hardening the OS • OS additional software security • Physical security
• Different Types of Storage • Risks associated with all types of storage • Encryption Options • Corporate Management Options • Various device uses • Hardware security options for storage
• Application Security Principals • Secure Coding Concepts • Hacking for the purpose of testing • Top 10 OWASP Risks • How to harden against those risks • Patch Management
• What devices are we talking about? • The Risk • Hardening these Devices! • Corporate Management and Legal issues
• Managing Risk • Managing Risk with third parties • Implementing Corporate Strategies • Incident Response and Forensics Procedures • Utilizing Physical and Environmental Controls
Participants should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
IT professionals with networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks and is familiar with other operating systems (Linux, etc.)
5 Days Course