Certified Healthcare IS Security Practitioner
Prepare for the Certified Healthcare IS Security Practitioner exam and learn best practices in privacy, regulation and risk management in the healthcare industry.
This Certified Healthcare Information Systems Security Practitioner is:
- accredited by the NSA’s CNSS 4011-4016
- approved on Homeland Security NICCS training schedule
- on the FBI’s preferred cyber security certification requirements.
This course covers the skills and knowledge to implement the best IT Healthcare Practices, as well as, regulatory compliance and standards in the healthcare industry.
The CHISSPs have become vital in managing and protecting healthcare data and are tasked to protect patient information by implementing, managing, and assessing proper IT controls for patient health information integrity.
Upon completion, the student will be ready to take the Certified Healthcare Information Systems Security Practitioner exam. In addition, at the end of the CHISSP course, the student will be versed with best practices in the healthcare industry and will be able to establish a framework with current best practices in respects to privacy, regulation and risk management.
About our Mile2 Courses:
- Mile2 is Accredited by the NSA-CNSS, Approved by Homeland Security NICCS Framework, and is on the FBI’s Tier 1-3 Certification Training Chart.
- DOD 8140: Mile2 Courses are mapped to the new Department of Defense 8140 Initiative.
Mile2 is Accredited by the NSA-CNSS, Approved on Homelands Security NICCS Framework, and is on the FBI’s Tier 1-3 Certification Training Chart.
Module 1: Intro to the Healthcare Industry
- Healthcare Environment
- Third-Party Relationships
- Health Data Management Concepts
Module 2: Regulatory Environment
- International Regulations and Controls
- Internal Practices Compared to New Policies and Procedures
- Compliance Frameworks
- Risk-Based Decisions
- Code of Conduct/Ethics
Module 3: Healthcare Privacy & Security Policies
- Security Objectives/Attributes
- Security Definitions/Concepts
- Privacy Principles
- Disparate Nature of Sensitive Data and Handling Implications
Module 4: Information Governance & Risk Management
How organizations manage information risk through security and privacy governance, risk management lifecycles, and principle risk activities
- Security and Privacy Governance
- Risk Management Methodology
- Information Risk Management Life Cycles
- Risk Management Activities
Module 5: Information Governance & Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Procedures from within Organization Risk Frameworks
- Risk Assessment Consistent with Role in Organization
- Efforts to Remediate Gaps
Module 6: Third-Party Risk Management
Definition of Third-Parties in Healthcare Context
- Third-Party Management Standards and Practices
- Third-Party Assessments and Audits
- Security/Privacy Events
- Third-Party Connectivity
- Third-Party Requirements
- Remediation Efforts
- A minimum of 1 year of Healthcare Information Systems
- Information System Security Officers
- Privacy Officers
- Health IS Managers
- Risk Managers
- Information Security Managers
- Compliance & Privacy Officers
$2500.00 List Price
4 Days Course