Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®)
This 3 day instructor-led Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation on Business Relationship Management Institute (BRM Institute) for every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how effective BRM capabilities can positively impact overall business results.
After completing this course, holders of the BRM Institute BRMP® credentials will be able to demonstrate their understanding of:
- The characteristics of the BRM role.
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- How Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize realized business value.
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimize “value leakage”.
- How to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact BRM.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures and how the BRM aligns with the business.
- Understand “Demand Shaping” as a means to increase value realization from provider investments and services.
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management Process and Techniques to strengthen relationships.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page as a mutual Relationship Contract.
Business IQ and Business Value Management
- Understand the concepts of Capability Roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy.
- Understand the concepts of Value Management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value.
- Know how to apply Portfolio Management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
Business Transition Management
- Understand what Business Transition Management is, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a Business Transition Capability model.
- Know how to create urgency for stakeholders.
- Recognize the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM.
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM.
- Understand the characteristics of ‘powerful communications’.
- Know how to influence those over whom you do not have direct control.
- Be able to express yourself through a unique value proposition.
There are no prerequisites required before taking this class.
This qualification is aimed at those with a Business Relationship Management position or those working closely in support of these capabilities and roles. Additionally, this course is for those within the Business or IT/Service Function (internal or external IT/Services), along with Consultants looking to gain insight into Business Relationship Management.
$2495.00 List Price
3 Days Course