Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®)
Advance your skills and your team’s skills in this Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program. Participants will come away with significant knowledge and tools in the areas of Strategic Partnering, Business IQ and Business Value Management, Portfolio Management, Business Transition Management, and more.
The course provides a comprehensive foundation on Business Relationship Management for every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how effective BRM capabilities can positively impact overall business results.
After completing this course, holders of the BRM Institute BRMP® credentials will learn:
- How to use a Strategic Relationship Management Process and Techniques to strengthen relationships.
- To understand “Demand Shaping” as a means to increase value realization from provider investments and services.
- How to co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page as a mutual Relationship Contract
- The characteristics of the BRM role.
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- How Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize realized business value.
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimize “value leakage”.
- How to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact BRM.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures and how the BRM aligns with the business.
- Understand “Demand Shaping” as a means to increase value realization from provider investments and services.
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management Process and Techniques to strengthen relationships.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page as a mutual Relationship Contract.
Business IQ and Business Value Management
- Understand the concepts of Capability Roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy.
- Understand the concepts of Value Management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value.
- Know how to apply Portfolio Management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
Business Transition Management
- Understand what Business Transition Management is, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a Business Transition Capability model.
- Know how to create urgency for stakeholders.
- Recognize the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM.
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM.
- Understand the characteristics of ‘powerful communications’.
- Know how to influence those over whom you do not have direct control.
- Be able to express yourself through a unique value proposition.
There are no prerequisites required before taking this class.
This qualification is aimed at those with a Business Relationship Management position or those working closely in support of these capabilities and roles. Additionally, this course is for those within the Business or IT/Service Function (internal or external IT/Services), along with Consultants looking to gain insight into Business Relationship Management.
$2495.00 List Price
3 Days Course