Maxtrain.com - [email protected] - 513-322-8888 - 866-595-6863
In this 2 days instructor-led course in Process Modeling Using BPMN, you will learn to map your business processes easily and efficiently using examples and industry practices. You will learn the best practices in process mapping using the latest industry standards so that both the business and IT stakeholders will be able to understand the models and map processes consistently throughout your organization.
▪ Full Student Guide
▪ Sample templates
• Provide a solid foundation for applying business process modelling principles and best practices
• Demonstrate how to solve practical business problems using Business Process Diagrams (BPDs)
▪ What is Business Process Modelling?
▪ Impact of Business Process Changes
▪ Benefits of Business Process Modelling
▪ Business Process Methods
▪ Challenges with Process Modelling
▪ Role and responsibilities – Underlying competencies
▪ Exercise: Describe a current process that you are using
▪ An overview of governance
▪ Key governance questions to ask
▪ What happens if you don’t have effective governance?
▪ Typical Project cycle
▪ Importance of Requirements Communication
▪ Technique: RACI Matrix
▪ Exercise: Use a RACI matrix to capture roles and responsibilities
▪ Business Analysis Process
▪ Why do we model processes?
▪ Phases of Process Management.
▪ What is wrong with our process models?
▪ Go from Vision to Deliverable
▪ Define a strategic outcomes map
▪ Define a Business model and relevant processes
▪ Technique: Business Model Canvas
▪ Exercise: Use the Business Model to capture key processes
▪ Review: Why use Business Process Modelling?
▪ When do you use Business Process Modelling?
▪ What are simple Business Process Modelling structures?
▪ BPMN 2.0 Cheat sheet – Describe the elements of Business Process Modelling
▪ AS-IS vs. TO-BE Modelling
▪ Exercise: Create an AS-IS process diagram
▪ Exercise: Create an TO-BE process diagram
▪ It is important to follow up a critical approach to Business Process Modelling
▪ What are complex Business Process Modelling structures?
▪ When to use complex Business Process Modelling structures
▪ Principles of the Modelling procedure
▪ Four phases of model construction
▪ Exercise: Update your AS-IS diagram using the new components
▪ Exercise: Update your TO-BE diagram using the new components
▪ Identifying poor process models
▪ Creating process models that everyone can understand
▪ Identify criteria for a well-defined process
▪ Review: What can go wrong
▪ What makes Business Process Modelling work
▪ Exercise: Group Discussion – Give examples of poor process models that you have seen in the past
▪ Determine when to create a process map
▪ Determine when to create a process model
▪ Asking the four “Ares”
▪ Review: Business Process Mapping
▪ Exercise: Group Discussion – What are the next steps to successfully implementation
▪ More useful links
▪ Business Process Modelling free editors
▪ BA Resources
This course is aimed at people who are practicing Business Analysts or who have had previous Business Analysis training. It is recommended that participants complete the BA01 – Business Analysis Essentials course prior to enrolling or have equivalent experience.
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with analysts
2 Days Course