Agile Service Management Overview
This Agile Service Management Overview training course provides a high-level overview of Agile Service Management® – the application and integration of Agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile Service Management practices are critical in organizations that want to deliver better products faster and more reliably; particularly those organizations that are adopting DevOps.
Whether your organization’s improvement efforts are focused on deploying new processes, or streamlining existing processes, Agile Service Management’s iterative and incremental approach makes it possible to deliver value more quickly.
IT Service Management Through an Agile Lens
Agile methodology was born out of the need to address common issues plaguing those in the software development space. The key Agile concepts agreed upon by those pioneering software developer / leaders are:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
The first principle of the Agile Manifesto states that “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery,” i.e. everything you do is for the customer. This is arguably not a benchmark frequently measured in IT service management (ITSM), but it’s one that should be measured all the time. After all, if what you are doing isn’t for customer value, why are you doing it?
The second principle is “Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project,” . How often do IT Service Management employees work with the business? Without this collaboration and interaction, how do you know what you’re delivering is good for the customer?This interactive relationship also highlights the need for the business to get involved and work with IT.
What is Agile Service Management?
Agile Service Management is the application of agile principles to ITSM, ensuring that ITSM processes are refined and improved in an agile and incremental manner. Agile Service Management ensures ITSM processes have just enough controls in place to deliver effective technology services that facilitate customer outcomes.
Agile Service Management Overview Training Materials
- Four (4) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- What is Agile Service Management? (pre-class resource)
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Participation in our in-class GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 4 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for the overview include:
- Gaining a high-level understanding of Agile Service Management
- Understanding its core vocabulary, principles and practices
- Learning about Agile Service Management roles, artifacts and events
- Understanding how Agile Service Management interfaces with IT Service Management (ITSM), Agile (Scrum) and Lean
Class also includes GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience® and facilitated discussions and exercises that produce deliverables you can put to use immediately.
- Anyone interested in learning more about Agile and Scrum from a process ("Ops") perspective
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, re-engineering or improving processes
- Service Management process owners, process managers and consultants
- Process improvement team members
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile environment
- Business stakeholders interested in learning about Agile
$199.00 List Price
1/2 Day Course