Dr. Charles Suscheck specializes in agile software development methodologies, and project management. He is one of 6 people in the world certified to teach the entire scrum.org curriculum. He has over 25 years of professional experience in information technology, beginning his career as a software developer. Dr. Suscheck holds a Doctorate, Masters, and Bachelors in Computer Science. He holds multiple certifications including Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Safe Program Consultant (SPC), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP). An educator at heart, he has over 30 published articles, has taught over 1000 students software development and is a highly respected conference speaker.
Areas of Expertise
- business analysis
- agile requirements and practices
- agile enterprise adoption
- backlog grooming
- facilitated workshop
- analysis modeling
Representative Courses Taught
- Agile Requirements
- Professional Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Foundations
- Agile Games
Years of Experience in the Field
Real World Experience
- Improving Enterprise Principal Consultant
- Clients such as GFS, Marine Corp, Fidelity, Bank of America, Allscripts, Verision, American Airlines, and many more.
- Presented at Agile 2009, 2011, 2012, OOPSLA, Borcon, ECOOP, Ningxia University China, and numerous local conferences
- Member of coordinating board for Agile Coach Camp (an international conference for agile experts) in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Involved in COHAA, Agile Lunchbox, and Agile Cincinnati
- Founder Agile Influencers of Columbus 2012
- Reviewer for submissions to Mile High Agile 2011
- Facilities coordinator for Agile RTP from 2009 – 2010
- Web master for Agile Carolinas during 2008
- Member of Agile Alliance and Scrum Alliance since 2008
- Member of Agile Leadership Network since 2010
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania – BS in Computer Sci.
- Cleveland State University – MS in Computer Info Sys
- Colorado Technical University – Doctorate in Computer Sci.
- Colorado State University – full time professor of CIS
- Walden University – Adjunct computer language instructor
- CSM (certified scrum master)
- CSP (certified scrum practitioner)
- PSM I and II (professional scrum master)
- PST (professional scrum trainer)
- PSPO (professional scrum product owner)
- OMG – UML specialist
- Certified RUP specialist (IBM)
- Certified Use case with application specialist (IBM)
What are your interests outside of technology?
Banjo player, guitar player, cyclist, disc golfer