SharePoint 2013 Search for Power Users – Courseware
Our SharePoint 2013 Search for Power Users – Courseware is a one day class designed for information workers or power users who use SharePoint to store and find enterprise content. Students should take this course if they need to know core search features along with the advanced search features, tips and tricks. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using SharePoint content on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
The courseware is sufficiently detailed with reference content and samples to serve as both an after class search reference and as search “cheat sheet”.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of crawling and indexing content and the impact on search availability and freshness.
- Understand the limits of search, especially what is not indexed.\
- Use the core search features including keywords, wildcards and Boolean operators.
- Identify the various places to start a search and the benefits of each.
- Search for people.
- Find content based on Managed Properties.
- Properly search for items using dates.
- Find lists and libraries by type.
- Search using multiple languages.
- Understand how a search administrator can tune search.
- Understand how to best manage content to make it findable.
- Determine which search web part to use.
- Create a custom Search Results Web Part.
Number of Days: 1
Instruction Format: Instructor-Led
To Purchase: This course is available from the Microsoft Courseware Marketplace or directly from us by completing the order form.
- Instructor support forum
- Bonus labs
- Bonus demos