FAQ about Coding Bootcamp – Cincy Code IT
Why should I choose to enroll in coding bootcamp at Cincy Code IT?
Good question. We take great pride in our bootcamper graduates’ success at Cincy Code IT, knowing that besides their hard work, intelligence and tenacity, we have been essential in launching their new careers with:
- Our targeted curriculum that matches what employers want
- Highly qualified instructors who have worked as developers and who understand “how” to teach adults
- Project-Based Learning, there’s no better way to put all the pieces together
- Friendly, supportive, yet demanding culture
- State of the art environment that is built specifically for learning IT
- Career advice, coaching and assistance from an expert, IT Career Coach
- Excellent relationships with employers, built over 20 years by delivering education for their IT department employees
Why do you offer full-stack coding bootcamps in either .Net or Java?
Cincy Code IT currently offers Java and .Net full-stack bootcamps for the simple reason that our clients in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky metro tell us they need developers with those skills. These companies are actively seeking our graduates for hire. In fact, more than ninety-eight percent (98.7%) of our graduates are hired within 90 days of their graduation.
Are you interested in another language, framework or technology? We plan to expand, so if you are interested in something else, give us a call. We’re all ears!
Note: The entire syllabus for both the .Net and Java bootcamps will be provided to you once you begin the application process for Cincy Code IT.
What kind of certifications will I get in this coding bootcamp?
Our Java bootcamp includes instruction in Agile / Scrum and you may then take a the PSF certification exam to earn your Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) certification. Being Agile / Scrum certified is highly sought after in the development community!
The .Net bootcamp’s curriculum enables you to take the Microsoft certification exam for either the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam. Your instructor and you will discuss which certification is most appropriate for you.
You keep mentioning your great placement rate. What’s that all about?
Cincy Code IT takes pride in placing bootcamp grads with great companies. Our current job placement rate (as of 7/1/2018) is 98.7% – which means that 98.7% of our graduates land their new jobs within 90 days of their graduation.
Let’s be honest—getting your first job as a computer programmer after a 3-month bootcamp takes a HUGE effort. Cincy Code IT specializes in working with you one on one, as well as with your cohort, helping you build an impactful resume, showcasing your projects on GitHub or the site of your choice, interviewing skillfully, and networking your way to a new job. And we don’t stop there. We bring employers TO YOU. Employers and community leaders come out to meet you at our “Meet & Greet” event held at the end of the bootcamp.
So how long can I expect it will take before I get my first coding job?
That depends on a lot of variables. On average, our grads land a new position within the first 2 to 4 months following bootcamp. You want a great resume, strong interviewing skills, and the ability to showcase your projects, demonstrating your coding skillset.
Do I need a computer for coding bootcamp?
We will supply a PC laptop for the duration of the bootcamp, loaded with the software needed for the program and serviced by our IT Support.
When should I apply for coding bootcamp?
Admissions for all programs are being done on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply, the better.
Do I need any experience to apply for coding bootcamp Cincy Code IT?
We have students enrolled at Cincy Code IT who have no IT background at all. They have not had any prior courses, or work experience. But they really need to have a true passion for coding, and feel excited about becoming software developers.
What is the process for applying to coding bootcamp – Cincy Code IT?
- First, we’d like you to complete our online form so we can schedule a time to talk to you, learn about your interest, answer your questions and see where you are on the learning curve.
- Next, we’ll send you some pre-work, depending on your experience, to help you decide if coding is for you
- Once we’ve determined this is a good career match for you, we’ll have you come in and meet with our Career Coach and take a short test to determine your current aptitude level. (no worries, this isn’t a coding test – and there’s no need to study for it.)
- Finally, we have you complete our enrollment forms, along with the $125.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
How much do each of the coding boot camps cost?
Tuition for our 11 week bootcamps is $14,000 which can be financed through SkillsFund or paid by check or credit card.