Use your GI Bill to help your dependents get started in a great career in IT!
Transfer Your Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits
Can I transfer benefits?
You can transfer benefits if you’re on active duty or in the Selected Reserve and you meet the requirements listed below.
At least one of these must be true:
- You have completed at least 6 years of service on the date your request is approved and you agree to add 4 more years of service, or
- You have completed at least 10 years of service on the date your request is approved, can’t commit to add 4 more years of service because of either a policy or statute, but agree to serve for the maximum amount of time allowed
And this must also be true:
The person getting benefits has enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Dependents Education Assistance Program
The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of Veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.
Type of Assistance
Benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. If you are a spouse, you may take a correspondence course. Remedial, deficiency and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.
Employers today are looking for candidates that have specific IT job skills. Our hands-on adult learning programs give you the job skills that are in demand.
Our training programs are VA approved.
Your Training Paths. You Choose.
1. Business Software Specialist
The Business Software Specialist program entails 91 hours of instructor-led and computer-based training. This program will provide students with training in the most popular software packages used in corporate America. Students successfully completing the Business Software Specialist program will be proficient in basic computer skills as well as software used in a career-related field of their choice. The student must pick 14 classes from the course list.
3. .NET Developer Bootcamp
Our .NET bootcamp prepares veterans who may have little or no programming experience how to become an entry-level, front- and back-end software developer and be placed in a related job through this 11-week immersion bootcamp.
4. Java Developer Bootcamp
Our Java bootcamp prepares veterans who may have little or no programming experience how to become an entry-level, front- and back-end software developer and be placed in a related job through this 11-week immersion bootcamp.
Software Developer Bootcamps
Before you or your spouse make a decision on using your GI Bill benefits, check out our Bootcamp Program. Software Developers are in great demand throughout North America and there’s no better way to ramp up quickly and start a new career in development than with one of our boot camps.
Want to hear about MAX directly from a veteran? Let us know. We’d be happy to connect you with one or more of our grads.
Why Veterans Choose MAX
- Many of our classes are still delivered face-to-face with the instructor in the room with you. You can join us in the classroom or stay at home and join us remotely. Your choice!
- Our small class sizes give you ample one-on-one time with the instructor and classmates.
- You learn with hands-on, live labs and exercises – just like the military. Not long lectures.
- We are a not a ‘big box’ corporation. We are relational, not transactional, with a friendly, supportive staff.
- No English, history or biology – just technology job skills.
- No prior IT experience needed.
- We prepare you for a career with real economic opportunity. All of our courses are on technologies that
are in demand today.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Get Started in a Career in IT. Complete the form and our Success Specialist will be in touch or call us at 513-322-8888 !