What does an IT Developer do?
About Software Developers (aka computer programmers)
- .NET and Java developers (aka computer programmers) often characterize themselves as an IT developer, application developers, web developers or even embedded operating system engineers. In many companies .NET developers must integrate their code with software written in other languages such as HTML5 or C++.
- .NET and Java developers write software using a program language that runs well on thousands of devices from computers to phones to parking systems and automobiles.
What makes a good candidate?
- Previous graduates come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and have transitioned to programming successfully
- Musicians and those who enjoy learning foreign languages tend to make good programmers
- Those who enjoy math, problem solving and puzzles
- Candidates also include those with a background in IT who want to update their programming skills
Still curious about the career opportunity of an IT Developer?
Check out these job openings!
The Coming War for Developers by Bernard Golden from CIO | Oct 13, 2014 7:11 AM PT
The emergence of next-generation social, mobile, analytics and cloud technology has sparked a war for developers able to continue the fast pace of innovation. Enterprises that want to remain in business tomorrow would be wise to make the right changes today.